Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh My Aching Body

Well, today was an exercise in stamina for me. My friend Dawn (referred to in an earlier post as the "cat lady") came over today to help me do some landscaping--planting, weeding, mulching, etc. She arrived at 10:00 a.m. and we worked solidly, except for a half hour lunch break, until 6:00 p.m. I don't remember when I have ever been so sore! I climbed the ladder and cleaned out the gutters--which was really too bad because we had a nice little forest starting in those gutters! I pulled weeds and dumped wheelbarrows full of weeds into the ravine. But I still didn't work as hard as Dawn. She is a one-woman steamroller. I know I would have given up long before 6:00 (say, around 10:30 a.m.) if it hadn't been for wanting to keep up with her! But the results so far are amazing. We are far from done, but we have made amazing progress. What a difference it can make to the looks of the property. Now I only have to worry about moving my body parts when I get out of bed tomorrow morning! I have taken two Advil already and I'll see how well that works. I'll let you know . . .

No comments: