Monday, July 7, 2008

Green Acres

Sometimes I feel like Lisa Douglas, the wife in that old television sitcom Green Acres, who moved from New York to the farm and never quite adjusted! While I really like our little plot of land (it's only 3 acres), and while I tell people that we live in the country (although we're technically within the village limits), sometimes I think this is just too much rural living for me. It's the weeds--it's impossible to keep up with them. Ohio has quite a market on rain, and the weeds sure do prosper here! Last night I pulled weeds for what seemed like hours--but when I checked my watch, it appears that I had only been at my task for 15 minutes! I don't make much progress when I work for 15 minutes, then rest for 15 minutes, then continue the cycle again. Maybe I'll get everything pulled just in time for the first frost! Sorry, my 15 minutes are up and it's back to the weeds again. More later.

No comments: